What’s Your New Year’s Resolution? Want to “Do More Good” in the World?
CENTER FOR DOMESTIC PEACE
Offers 40-Hour Domestic Violence Advocate Training Course
WHAT: Center for Domestic Peace (C4DP) is offering a 40-Hour Domestic Violence Advocate training early in the New Year. To volunteer, intern, or work at our emergency shelter or on our hotline used by individuals experiencing domestic violence, a 40-hour training course is required by the State. Volunteer with us and make a difference in your community today!
Open Volunteer Opportunities:
- Weekday Emergency Hotline Advocate: Monday-Friday, 9am – 1pm and/or 1pm-5pm
- Off-hours Hotline Support Advocate: Evenings, 5pm-9am
- Weekend Hotline Support Advocate: Saturday & Sunday, 24 hours
- Overnight Advocate: 11pm-9am
- Marin Against Youth Abuse Teen Committee Members
* Participation in our training does not guarantee a volunteer position. Our facilitators will evaluate their need for volunteers once the training is completed. Additional costs and hours must be met after completion.
Sign Up Today!
The training fee is $250 with possibility of $125 rebate for those who volunteer with us for 9 months or more afterwards. Reduced rate for staff at another domestic violence agency – $150 – or high school and undergrad students – $75.
WHEN: 9:00am-5:00pm on Monday, Jan 28, Wednesday, Jan 30, Friday, Feb 1, Tuesday, Feb 5, and Saturday, Feb 9, 2019.
WHERE: C4DP Administrative Office—734 A Street in San Rafael, CA 94901
WHY: Domestic Violence Advocates provide peer support, domestic violence information, and resource referrals to those experiencing domestic violence. They also provide assistance with practical, emotional, and legal issues through C4DP’s Spanish and English hotlines and outreach programs. Volunteers are also needed for community action and education for C4DP’s prevention programs and fundraising efforts. Youth volunteers are needed in our schools to help promote healthy relationships.
HOW: Contact Gabby Aragon, Administrative Assistant, with questions and to register: 415.526.2566| [email protected] . Registration must be completed BEFORE January 15, 2019.