Through the 40-hour training program that Center for Domestic Peace offers, training attendees learn practical, hands-on skills that will enable them to:
1. Describe the problem of domestic violence and discover solutions.
2. Assist survivors and abusers seeking to free themselves from domestic violence.
3. Understand the barriers that survivors face when trying to get help.
4. Understand how culture shapes each individual’s experience.
5. Imagine and participate in transforming society’s norms from domestic violence to healthy and equal relating.
We are anticipating our next scheduled 40-Hour Domestic Violence Advocate Training to take place in early 2022. If you would like to be notified when we announce dates for our next 40-Hour Training, please contact Madelyn Knowles, Learning and Training Manager, 415.526.2556 [email protected]