Free Legal Advocacy Services
If you are in a domestic violence situation and need legal help, navigating the legal system can be daunting, especially if you are scared, hurting or overwhelmed. Center for Domestic Peace has compassionate Legal Systems Advocates that can accompany you to civil or criminal court, and provide assistance with obtaining legal services, restraining orders, or other support services.
When you are connected to one of our Advocates, you have a much better chance of succeeding in the legal system and staying safe! Our services are provided free of charge.
Call our 24 hour hotline for information and to make an appointment:
415-924-3456 (Spanish, Linea de apoyo en español)
Our Legal Systems Advocates offer:
- Assistance with paperwork preparation to apply for protection orders, criminal proceedings, and victim impact statements.
- Accompaniment to protection order hearings, administrative hearings, other civil court hearings, criminal court proceedings, law enforcement interviews, and other proceedings within the criminal justice system.
- Assistance in applying for child support and/or custody.
- Assistance in completing applications for a U Visa.
- Notification of case status, hearing dates, plea agreements, and sentencing terms.
- Assistance finding domestic violence knowledgeable attorneys, including limited linkage to experienced pro bono attorneys.
- Assistance meeting other legal, housing, and medical needs through referrals and connections to other community resources.