Marin Against Youth Abuse (MAYA) Advisory Committee
Become a Healthy Relationship Advocate as part of the MAYA Team in your school and community! As a Healthy Relationship Advocate, you will join a team of youth from all over Marin County and work together to come up with creative ways of raising awareness and getting help to those who need it! Bring your creativity, leadership skills, enthusiasm, and fun ideas!
As a Healthy Relationship Advocate, you will…
- Be trained on healthy relationships and dating abuse so you can become a peer counselor.
- Design creative activities and events to raise awareness about dating abuse and increase access to services for students facing this issue at your school.
- Act as a champion of change in Marin County while being part of a successful worldwide movement to end violence and abuse.
- Meet twice a month in downtown San Rafael and work on projects outside of meetings.
- Free food and beverages!
- Receive a stipend
- Community service hours for your time
- Gain valuable experience for your resume
- Letter of Recommendation and MAYA certificate
- An opportunity to get a CA 40-hr domestic violence advocate training certificate ($350 value) for free!
Anyone between the ages of 13 and 19 is welcome to apply!
If you’re interested, please fill out this online form – Click Here
For more information or questions please contact:
Youth and Young Adult Prevention Coordinator
email: [email protected]
Click here to watch a video a MAYA committee member produced talking about their experience and dating violence in Marin.
Click here to watch a video that was designed and created by the MAYA committee.
Click here to watch a PSA that was designed and created by the MAYA committee. This ran in movie theaters locally and the print version could be seen on Marin County public buses.
Looking for information about our help for teens and young adults? Contact Marin Youth Services? Click here!