Strategies to Address Abuse in our Community: Take Action
AWARENESS + COMMUNITY ACTION = CHANGE
- DV Is Not OK! Say it loud and say it everywhere! Make the pledge to be non-violent: Personal Peace Agreement
- Contact your legislator to protect American families by strengthening our nation’s gun regulations – close gun show sales loopholes, institute more rigorous background checks and lift restrictions on research on gun violence. (Having a gun in a DV situation increases the woman’s risk of dying by 500%!)
- Join the Center for Domestic Peace Community on Facebook for weekly updates.
- Be creative. Be outrageous. Be persistent, direct, and determined. Believe you can make a difference in creating a violence free world right now! Download ACT NOW flyer here!.pdf
- Insist that schools have policies that prohibit bullying behaviors. Visit StopBullying.gov to learn what you can do!
- Volunteer for Center for Domestic Peace.
- Donate to Center for Domestic Peace to support our work of ending domestic violence – one individual, one family, one community at a time.
- See what MEN are doing to support the movement!
Key tips are provided below, and may be downloaded and printed for distribution, to help people of any age understand how to prevent and end domestic violence.
- Thirteen Ways Any ADULT Can Make Ending Domestic Violence His or Her Business [PDF – 1p.]
- Thirteen Ways Any HIGH SCHOOL STUDENT Can Make Ending Domestic Violence His or Her Business [PDF – 1p.]
- Ten Ways Any MIDDLE SCHOOL STUDENT Can Make Ending Domestic Violence His or Her Business [PDF – 1p.]
Here are a few other links you might find useful: